Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Non vintage non USA

I have a '89 Tama Granstar Custom and been thinking about wrapping it with a vintage sparkle of somesort.

It's a boring piano white laquer finish now and I always hated it. Always loved the Aqua Marine that Tama offered in their Superstar line, and owned a set of those back in the 80's. Anyway, I'm sure once I wrap these I'll probably regret screwing with them. Just wondering if anyone else on VDF has done something similar and could share their thoughts and or regrets. Thanks much guys - :)

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hell, yeah, go for it.

Only thing to check first is, make sure that the head fit would still be OK when you take into account the wrap thickness.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, I did some forum search (after I started the thread ) and found some useful info about making sure the heads will fit, and looks very tight.

It's not just the looks of the kit that's bothered me all these years:

All these years I have been using Emperor batters, and just recently switched over to Diplomats on my vintage Ludwigs and holy crap if Diplomats don't sound freekin' awesome! I think I will try changing my thick Emperors on my Tama birch Granstar Customs over to clear Dips on reso and coated Dips on batter... Walking

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]That's interesting, not many folks use Diplomats as batters these days...glad it worked out.

Keep in mind, wrap thicknesses vary. Many of the Pearls or Swirls are pretty thin...whilst the Sparkles and Glitters tend to be significantly thicker....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here