Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

No-badge stencil kit

Any ideas what this one might be? I thought maybe the front bass drum head might tip someone off. It apparently didn't get played much as it only has 2 unoriginal heads and the chrome is really nice. It's missing the tom mount and floor tom legs and has no snare. The guy wants $300 for it. Does that sound a little high?

Posted on 13 years ago

This is a Pearl made set. Looking at the design on the bass drum, it might have been badged 'Crestwood.' You might try a google image search for that name.

$300 would be a bit high, especially if there is no snare, but these are good drums, some of my favorite MIJs. They are very solid shells, 6 plys-ish. The lugs are super strong. Overall they sound pretty good with new or up-graded heads.

If the sizes were 12/14/20, I would seriously consider working some kind of deal for these. Being that they are missing the snare and some hardware, you might have some bargaining room.

Posted on 13 years ago

Yes it's made by pearl set sometime very late 60s to mid 70s..The lugs give it away-[if you buy the set take off one of the lugs it will be marked pearl on the inside].But 300.00 is high for this set more like 200.00 to 250.00.One other thing the claws on the bass drum are wrong on the set yes they are Pearl but for the top on the line Pearls made in 73-75 under pearl own name,T-rods are right for the set...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

t.c.....nice set...200 top dolla...cool but just not all the money. If the wrap was cooler, maybe a bit more, but this is, even in top condition, still a 200 kit. Git 'er' done!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna pass. I have enough projects already. But if anybody else is interested lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Posted on 13 years ago

That may be a 24"bass-10 lugs.If so,it's worth $250.24"MIJ bass sets are pretty infrequent,compared to 20" and 22".

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here