Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Nickle P 83 Strainer- polish?

I've read through the huge Simichrome thread -- I used it on vintage cars with terrific results. Think I stiall have some...

At any rate, just picked up a P83 strainer for the Acrolite project. It's in great condition.

But being obsessive (or is it ADD?) I want to get it at shiny and cool as possible.

I have a small buffing wheel...

tips from the experts?

Posted on 12 years ago

Eagle One chrome wheel cleaner, spray on and let it soak for a minute or so, then scrub with a soft bristle tooth brush. Rinse with clean water and dry with an air compressor if you have one. Polish by hand with your favorite chrome polish, mine is turtle wax with rust remover. Stay off the buffing wheel, most of the factory chrome is really thin.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 12 years ago

Yikes! Glad I asked.

For whatever reason, I thought the nickel hardware is unplated and would buff like aluminum, etc...

Thanks for the info!!

Posted on 12 years ago

For nickel in particular, you should try Cape Cod cloths. It's the only think I've found that really makes it shine. Cleaning nickel is much different than chrome.

Posted on 12 years ago
Posted on 12 years ago

That's the stuff.... you can get it in a can too

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here