Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

nickel hardware

Greetings! This might seem elementary to many but I'm wondering what is the best way to tell if hardware is nickel or chrome plated? Also does any one have any good pictures of the tom mount hardware used by Ludwig in the mid to late 50's?

Posted on 18 years ago

Nickel usually has a "yellowish" look when polished whereas chrome has a brighter "bluish" look.

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Nickel usually has a "yellowish" look when polished whereas chrome has a brighter "bluish" look.

I concur with the above...always keep a chrome tension rod or wing nut with you so when you have to compare you'll have something to A-B it to...eventually your eye will know it and recognize it...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Greetings! This might seem elementary to many but I'm wondering what is the best way to tell if hardware is nickel or chrome plated? Also does any one have any good pictures of the tom mount hardware used by Ludwig in the mid to late 50's?

Chrome, shinnny like old fassion car bumper or a mirror.

Nickel, looks like a good old fassioned American 5 cent piece as shinny as you can polish it it can never look like a mirror.

//

KM SchaeferCool Cool
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here