Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Nice lil' present

I got this from my parents. Apparently, the sticks have never been played.

Looks like such colored sticks were quite pricey back then.

[IMG]http://img8.rajce.idnes.cz/d0803/5/5032/5032617_fc2a519e7b31d5e33980bda6432fef12/images/stix.jpg[/IMG]

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Gil.

It's indeed an extremly rare...

Oh-kh... I thought I would never see them in today's life... :)

George.

Posted on 13 years ago

i bought a 1950's Lefima 13" ,parallel drop B.D.P. snare out of the former East Germany about a year ago. along with it came a bunch of sticks and mallets. some of the strangest sticks!! one pair looked homemade ---pretty good turning, though and very closely matched but made from Black Walnut( a unique North American wood!!)??, there is a pair of what look like European Beech sticks, that are the lightest smallest sticks I've ever seen or used----the neck is 3 mm in diameter and the tip 5.5mm!! i wish i had a boatload of those because they are so perfect for quick,light work but i am sure that if i use them much , i will break them. they were made by KUHEMA. there is also a pair of KUHEMA Light Rock S, which are about like a 5 B or so, some Jan Silvertson by Pj sticks and a very old pair of CLOU HICKORY 11A Made in England( again a unique North American wood). in the lot there was also one similar to the above ----an Amati Czechoslovakia Colour(red) but with a black nylon tip.

there are a pile of really nice other sticks , most very old but none have any name on them, except for one pair of 1970's Ludwigs.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here