Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Nice Gretsch White Satin Flame Kit

Not mine, although the seller is a friend of mine:

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/d/cincinnati-vintage-gretsch-drums/6956503702.html

The seller is a good guy. Honest, stand-up dude. He's actually a guitar player but knows his vintage drum stuff. He lives about one mile from me and have been over to his place several times. He has lots of good stuff. If you're interested, I can help broker the deal if need be. I included a few pictures for posterity.

With our watchful detailed eyes, two things I noticed that are not mentioned:

1) Bass drum batter side finish looks a little rough to the hi-hat side of the rail mount. (chipped?)

2) It looks like the felt strip is screwed into the shell at the bottom.

Overall, still not a bad deal for the price. Agree?

Thanks,

V

Posted on 5 years ago
Posted on 5 years ago

Hi V!

Your friend is offering a wonderful looking vintage Gretsch kit...and for a very fair price! The finish, while dirty in places, appears to not have the typical cracks. Is this correct?

You mentioned about the bass drum felt strip being screwed into the shell. This is the Pratt muffler and, yes, it was screwed into the shell at the bottom.

About the only thing I'd do, if I bought the kit, is to replace the Microsensitive strainer with the new modern version and store the original for safe keeping. The new strainers work like butter and is perfect if you're going to actually play it!

Best of luck to your friend!

-Mark

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here