Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

New/Old Kent kit - Jazz sizes!!

Sorry, but I'm really excited and just had to post this. I know there are a few other Kent lovers lurking here.

The story - Part one.

About 3 months ago, I won a 3 piece red sparkle Kent kit on eBay for short money. The drums were listed as a 22" kick, 13" tom and 5" X 14" snare. When I got the drums, I immediately saw that the kick was smaller than 22". Turns out I got a 20" kick and 12" tom. Okay, score number one.

Part two.

Tonight I won a 14" x 14" red sparkle Kent floor tom on eBay to finally complete the kit. Score number two!!

I can't wait to get the kit together with some fresh heads on it... This is going to be a great fall resto project!!

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago

You gotta love it when things work out like that, that's great.

Posted on 16 years ago

Very cool score. Meant to be. Please post pics Walking

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 16 years ago

Must be living right BD... can't wait to see the pics.Jumping2

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Not sure how "right" I'm living, but hey... I'll take them when they come my way.

I'll definitely post pics as soon as I get everything together. I stripped the other shells down to do a major cleaning and bearing edge touch-up. I then had to move house, so it's all

tucked away in boxes right now.

When I get my first decent break (I'm a teacher) they are coming out of the boxes and the real work will begin.

As a side note - I'm also building a new recording studio in my attached garage (new house) and hope to be ready to roll by late October. Can't wait to test out the new digs with that Great Kent Sound!!

Thanks for the kind words all - Stay tuned.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here