Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Newest "Jazzfest" Reproduction...

Just completed my latest (and probably last for awhile, until I get more shells) Jazzfest reproduction. As always, cut down from a 1959 WFL 10x14 marching drum. Cut down from the top, saving the original bearing edge and snare beds with the top reinforcement ring re-glued into place on top and new edges cut.

Rewrapped in Precision's Green Sparkle (that's on special still now, I think). All original Ludwig parts except the snares (new generic), throw-off (new Ludwig P-85), and reproduction B/O badge. Used Remo heads. I left the interior the clear mahogany.

This one will be for sale sooner or later... probably sooner. So, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

Another beauty, Bill! Great job on that one. I'm always impressed with your parade drum make-overs. band3

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Good stuff Bill! You do some amazing work on these for sure. :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Very nice Bill.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago

Beautiful drum. I would love to have one of those in gold sparkle to go with my classic Ludwigs.

Posted on 11 years ago

Where's the white house paint?:D

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 11 years ago

Just listed this in the "For Sale" section.

Here's the link:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?p=232119#post232119

Thanks,

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

Nice looking drum Bill....great job!

Posted on 11 years ago

Outstanding drum my friend!

Cassidy

Posted on 11 years ago

That's a great looking and now usable drum. As a marcher, it would have ended up in a landfill. Now it has a new life that more than likely last for another 40 years.

You've inspired me and I just purchased a 60's 14x10 marcher for my stab at a Jazzfest reproduction. You mentioned in another thread you cut the shell from top for a Jazzfest that's 5 1/2", drill another lug hole and just move the lugs down. Have you ever been able to use the leftover part of the shell to make a 14x4 Downbeat style snare? Do you mark the reproduction drums, so they won't get passed off as originals in the future?

I can't wait to see your next creation(s).

-Tim

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here