Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Newest Ludwig Jazz Festival reproduction...

Got another "Jazz Festival" reproduction completed this morning. This one's going to England to VDF member mylescdavis.

As before, this one started out as a 1959 WFL 10x14 marching snare, which I cut down to 5.5x14 and reinstalled the top reinforcement ring and then recut the new outer edge. It's original gold sparkle wrap was replaced with a natural cherry wood veneer. Most of the parts are nickel plated and original to the drum (exceptions: a chrome WFL P-83 and a chrome block logo snare butt). The hardware's a little rough, but not too bad.

The badge is a 60s Keystone (what I had available), installed with a removable grommet. The snare side head is a new Evans, and the batter head a used Evans.

I've got two more of these projects going right now, too. I'll post new threads as I get the chance.

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

Very nice. Good job. you can bet you'll be getting lots of orders.

Posted on 11 years ago

HAHA!!! I've already placed my order, just gotta work out the details.

Excellent job, Bill! I can't wait to get to discuss details with you and get mine! Cool Dude

Lynn

I'm no guru, just a vintage drum junkie!

Psalm 150:5
1945 Slingerland RK sparkling gold pearl 26/13/14/16/early 50s 5.5x14 Krupa RK
1967 Slingerland green glass glitter 20/12/14/Hollywood Ace
60s Slingerland 24/13/16/7x14 project
24/13/16/7x14 project RKs
60s 5 & 6.5 Sound Kings
1942 7x14 WMP Krupa RK
1930s Slingerland Universal
1967 Ludwig Hollywood sparkling blue pearl 22/12/13/16
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 400 & 402
1965 Ludwig Jazz Fest sparkling blue pearl
1923 Ludwig 5x14 NOB
Posted on 11 years ago

Well, this is my snare, and there's a couple of other drums to go with it! Bill has been great about helping me figure out what to do with this small kit for a small space, and I can't wait to try it out (to the extent that I can actually play...).

Posted on 11 years ago

That is some very nice work there! Love the whole idea of repurposing a drum that will most likley sit on a shelf. Now it will be played regularly.

Posted on 11 years ago

I just completed a "Bill-drum" and I'm loving it!

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/PurdieShuffle/wss1-3.jpg[/IMG]

Mr. Bill gets my highest recommendation. Great guy, great and affordable vintage project drums. Hey Bill, if this keeps up, you'll have to hire help at some point just to keep up with the orders!

Nice job on that one. (Note: If you place the seam dead-center under a lug, it'll be damn near invisible.)

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Anthony at The Village Drum and Music (Rhode Island) where I work also does these conversions from old 3 ply marching drums and from Ludwig concert toms. Some with wood hoops some with vintage original parts... they always sell quickly in the shop.

NASHDRUM:

~ Vintage Ludwig Drums ~
~ 1920's Percussion Sound Effects ~
~ Vintage Mallet Instruments ~

Posted on 11 years ago

Nice job, again, Bill. I got the badge today, thank you very much. Now its my turn to do something for you again.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here