Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Newbie Help to Identify my drums...

Ok Guys I just bought my first vintage ludwig kit and I think that now I got hooked up with the all vintage collectors scene ; ). I need help to identify and know if the drums are from the same time...

Here it goes the tom has white interiors 13x9 it is dated with red ink and it says 196?, it has the BBat muffler with red felp...

The BD is 20x16, doesn't have a date and the interior is natural, It has a big 20 written with "chalk" on the inside shell. everything looks original and from the same date, the BD has the "4" little spurs. It has original front head and its really clean.

None of the drums have serial on the badge...

however I don't understand why the BD is natural and the tom white.

Any input is appreciate it.

Thank you

Aldo

Posted on 15 years ago

I have a drum with white-painted interior, red ink and red felt and it's from 1964.

It wasn't all that unusual to see an unpainted bass drum paired with some painted toms. Back then, nobody saw the interiors anyway! But, some clear pictures are necessary to determine anything accurately.

By the way, I think you will find that the bass drum's dimensions are actually 14 X 20 -not 16 X 20.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey O-Lugs thanks for the input I'll post some pics ; )

Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here