Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

New York Vintage Drum Shops...need a list fast

Hi all,

I'm going to New York for 10 days and need a list (name, address,and phone #) of vintage drum shops to visit..I'll be at the Waldorf Astoria so that's where my base camp will be before I head out shopping...I'm leaving early Sat. AM so any immediate help will be much appreciated...thanks.

Mike Curotto

Posted on 17 years ago

Mike, this is about it for Manhattan...

48th St. between 6th and 7th aves is the main block of music stores. Here you'll find Manny's, which has the most vintage drums of any store I've found. Occasional Black Beauties, wood Dynasonics, etc. Very, very expensive.

Due south on 46th St. is Drummer's World (you have to look up to see the flag). I've seen an original Gladstone here. Ask to see the 60's Camcos in back.

On 8th ave between 38th and 39th St is Nodar Rode's place (he's moved.) Hundreds of vintage snares and drums, many of them recut. You have to call him to get an appointment first. www.nodarrode.com

That's all I can think of for now...have fun, and pm if you need any help.

Quick edit: directory of NYC music stores...a couple years old as Manhattan Drum shop is now closed, but the rest looks good.

http://www.raveny.com/music/manhattan/index.htm

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 17 years ago

Nodar Rode is a cheapskate and a thief. Dont bring

your business there.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Have just done the NYC vintage drum haul recently and what is described above is about what there is. Saw a few really old things that would be of interest to you although either at stupid prices or no prices at all (which I presume meant they weren't parting with them for anything). Fun to look though but not a huge amount.

D

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here