Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

New Wrap for Old Drums

Hello again!

As many of you know,I am in the process of restoring a vintage set of Supremes. The kit is in fairly good condition except for the tenor tom.The person who tried to wrap this instrument should be shot! PLEASE! Does anyone out there know of someone who might have some gray/black pearl wrap or, as I've seen it called. gray marble wrap for sale? A good restorer would probably be better. My skills are limited. I live in Port Colborne, Ontario so a shop within driving distance would be great! As usual, I thank you folks for your expertise and wonderful advice. I am really grateful!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Brian,

I live in Toronto and haven't found any local sources for drum wrap. Precision Drum Company, drumbuilder.com, and Jammin' Sam's seem to be the choices. I've had good dealings with Precision and drumbuilder in the past. I've never bought anything from Sam's, so I can't comment on them.

Is it Black Diamond Pearl wrap that you're looking for? I think drumbuilder.com has some smaller pieces in its "blowout" section right now.

If you're looking for someone to do the rewrap for you, the go-to guy in Southern Ontario is Greg Hohn (aka the Drum Doctor) in Oakville. You can find him at www.drumdoctor.ca.

Good luck!

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

Dear section2,

I can't thank you enough for your reply! It is not often that someone goes to the trouble of helping a complete stranger. It seems that nowadays, one's time is much too precious. I certainly appreciate your help and will follow uo on your advice. Thank you VERY much!!!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

My pleasure! You'll find that just about everyone on this forum is here to share and learn and have a good time. I've learned so much from the members here that I'm always happy to pass on what little I know. :)

Let me know how the project works out. Post photos if you can!

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here