Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

New wires for Jazz Fest

I have a Ludwig Jazz Festival snare drum that could use a new set of snare wires.

I'm interested in recommendations. I would be looking at Puresounds, I suppose. I'm open to ideas about wires that would be "appropriate" for what this snare was intended to sound like, as well as options for making it sound different. I imagine there are a lot of Jazz Festival owners on this list.

Thanks - John

Posted on 16 years ago

John- I love my Ludwig Jazz. Snare.I personaly like the Ludwig "Snappi-Wire Snares" 12 strand thin wire model L1929(they have metal ends and are wires are soderd) My theory is the less wire,the less choke. I liked the sound so much I put them on all my snaredrums.

Posted on 16 years ago

If it was me, I'd want to keep the drum as original. Original snare wires show up on eBay fairly often. Of course if it's a player snare and already not in original condition, you good go for either Ludwig replacements as mentioned previously or the Puresounds. Even cheaply made (Cannon, Gibraltar etc.) no name snares might sound OK, but they haven't held up for me on other drums. They tend to pop off at the ends. Also, replace the bottom head if it looks like it's shot.

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here