Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

New to the drums

Hello, Well ill keep it short i just start playing and i got a set of rogers. I am looking for some hardware and a bass hoop hopefully to match . any help in telling what model i have i can take pics and send if need be.

Any help would be greatly appriciated And thanks Keep on Pl

Posted on 16 years ago

Pics. Descriptions, etc. Its the only way. Rogers built drums for decades. What we primarily see is from the 50s-now. Many differences between eras. Without knowing what youve got......theres no way to advise you.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Hello Again, I did find a label hope this helps also some pic of my set.

You may be able to tell that the hardware is a little worn..my tom tom mounted to the bass is loose and i have to constantly move into position. I am still try to find my sweet spot as far as playing...i only jam {make noise} and practice 3 songs..still havent got my flaws out yet

AC|DC back in black and who made who

KISS Larger than life

Nickelback Rockstar

well back to my ? sorry just happy my neighbors finally can hear some rythme LOL

Thanks Keep on Pl

Posted on 16 years ago

Looks like a nice little Rogers Tower Kit.... these Rogers guys on here will give you some great info on this kit.

That's nice, it is the type of vintage Rogers kit I have been trying find (for the right money) for my son to learn on.

14" floor tom is very desirable... basically I understand it was the "beginners kit" from Rogers but is made from the same very high quality shells and hardware used on the high-end Rogers kits of the day. Just using a center lug design instead of top and bottoms to save money on materials and labor.

Quite nice.. congrats!

Put up some detail shots of the snare.. I think there were a couple options regarding the snare.. Tower, Luxor, Dyno (not likely). I'll dig up my Rogers book this evening and see what I can find if nobody who really knows about this stuff gives you the whole scoop before then.

I think you have the basic info you need for parts hunting; accurate measurements of the drums and that it is a Rogers Tower Kit.

You will find the parts... but you will pay. Ebay, Craigslist, Craigshelper, and good old Google.

That's a nice little project you got there... if you should get tired of working them... let me know.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks...Here are some closeup hope that what you ment

Keep on Pl

Any help is appricated Thanks in advance

Posted on 16 years ago

Look like a Rogers Tower Delta model with a Luxor snare from around 1967. These are great drums of high quality. No corners were cut on these drums. That 14"x14" floor tom is rare and valuable.

You will see bass drum hoops on ebay and from time to time the longer Tower Trods. These drums should clean up nicely with some of the Novus products and a good quality chrome polish.

You may need to get some new set screws for the tom mount. These screws have a concave end on them to hold on the oval ball of the mount. These have a tendency, after years of use, to flaten out.

Hope this helps some.

Jack

:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here