Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

New to me. 2 badges?

Howdy! I found a ludwig power tom probably from 1990's; it has 2 badges on it! One on each side of the tom mount bracket. One has a serial # and the other is blank. 1st of all, why did this happen? And 2nd Does that affect the value less/more?Hmmmm

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago

This is normal for that era. They put two badges on it so no matter which way you mount it the badge always faces forward. It devalues the drum in no way whatsoever since its a factory fitment.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi LD, That makes good sense. I'm one of those people that likes to have the badge face outward. I'm sure there are some lefties out there that like the two badge approach; it's also a selling point because they wouldn't have to make left-handed configurations. But I know a lefty drummer who plays kit right-handed. Food for thought...:2Cents:

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here