Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

New Remo Skyntone heads

I put a new Remo Skyntone head on my WFL snare today and was really impressed with the sound. I find it a good compromise between a Fiberskyn and an Ambassador. By this I mean that it gave my snare the warmth and rich tone that the Fibreskyns do, but with tuning ease and thickness of the Ambassador. The surface texture is great for brushes. Plus, they match better with my coated heads because they aren't yellow, haha. I hope this helps anyone looking to try these out.

This is just my opinion. Feel free to post any other experiences with these.

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 15 years ago

I was wondering how the Skyntone heads sounded, thanks for the tip.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 15 years ago

On a side note at the Chicago Show Danny Seraphine was talking about drum heads. Remo Beli was trying to get him to use Remo heads. Danny had played calf heads on the first two Chicago albums (If memory was correct).

So Remo would give him the protypes of the Fiberskyn heads until they got it where the head was strong enough and close enough to the sound he wanted. He said the earlier heads sounded good, but broke real easy.

He still uses Fiberskyn heads on all of his drums.

No info that helps here, but a piece of history none-the-less

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Interesting...I hadn't even heard of 'em or seen 'em until this thread.

I really dig F'Skins...they are one of my favorites.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

It's too bad that Remo's webpage doesn't have them listed yet. They are carried by all of the major stores, though. I didn't find out about them until I went to Guitar Center. The salesman told me that the two snares he had put these heads on sold within a week. Now I can see why, haha...

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here