Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

new member with Vox/Trixon kit

Hello all

just joined the forum. new to vintage drums and new to drumming, but I just restored this Vox Thunderbolt kit as my first real drums. Still searching for a few pieces of original hardware, but it's playable and a lot of fun. thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Hello GlenB! Trixon are great drums, I have a Luxus model. Enjoy your kit.

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

From johnnyringo

Hello Glenb! Trixon are great drums, I have a Luxus model. Enjoy your kit.

Hmmmm....looks like that clulbdate BD is missing a cymbal holder bracket!!!Hhahaha

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 6 years ago

From drumfx

Hmmmm....looks like that clulbdate BD is missing a cymbal holder bracket!!!Hhahaha

First, excellent VOX drums!

Next, drumfx, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that JR recently added a Ludwig bracket, so he could use a cymbal arm. Took a little flak, but I feel it's a good addition and as long as it's drilled carefully, I see no issues in doing so.

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Yep, that was the pre-drilled days.LoLoLoLo

Posted on 6 years ago

From idrum4fun

First, excellent VOX drums!Next, drumfx, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that JR recently added a Ludwig bracket, so he could use a cymbal arm. Took a little flak, but I feel it's a good addition and as long as it's drilled carefully, I see no issues in doing so.-Mark

I believe drumfx was just having a bit of fun with yours truly.Walking

Posted on 6 years ago

From johnnyringo

I believe drumfx was just having a bit of fun with yours truly.Walking

Sorry about that! DOH

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. FYI for your Trixon kit johnnyringo I found that Gibralter currently makes a cymbal arm that fits into the Trixon mount, that's what I'm using. It's the thinner, cheaper model arm. I had to file off some of the knurled sections down flush with the diameter of the un-knurled part so I could set it in lower, the un-knurled part is the exact diameter you need, but otherwise it's a perfect fit.

Posted on 6 years ago

Very nice set GlenB - Lovely drums. Keep on Pl

My Collection:
Quite Frankly Drums - Vintage Classic Modern
http://www.quitefranklydrums.co.uk/
Posted on 6 years ago

Welcome I had a set back in the day with no ft had 2slings 16 & 18x20 cow they are beast

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here