Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

New Member of the Camco Family

6.5x14" L.A. Era 8L Model #452 in Natural Maple, 6/6ply Keller shelled Aristocrat. The original owner of C&C drums and a true gentleman, let me have this one at a very reasonable cost. It's greatly appreciated and the only L.A. Era snare drum I have now.

Posted on 11 years ago

Very nice!

Posted on 11 years ago

That's a real beauty congrats! :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Slingalud,

I have looked at this a couple of times now, and I only just now realized that you posted in the restoring section..... I can't wait to get this drum in my workshop and give it a once over... It's awesome now, but can be awesomer.. (if that were a word)

Ryan.

Posted on 11 years ago

From Ryan vonR.

Slingalud, I have looked at this a couple of times now, and I only just now realized that you posted in the restoring section..... I can't wait to get this drum in my workshop and give it a once over... It's awesome now, but can be awesomer.. (if that were a word) Ryan.

I had planned on posting pictures of the cancer it has on the interior and the batter side bearing edges from exposure to the weather without a top head, but the overall lack of interest and I decided not to bother. Cherrie at Repercussions was offered 2k for the 6.5" L.A. era snare drum she had. Once you play one then you realize why...Also they are even more rare than a Roger's deep dish Maple Dynasonic. Here is another one you might want to tackle? A Vintage 1981 DW Brass shelled 6.5x14". It came in the mail on Tuesday and the new lugs for it arrived Wed. from Salt Lake City, Ut. It must weigh 20lbs..What a Tank, and needing serious finish/polishing work.

Posted on 11 years ago

Slingalud,

I can't wait to make that drum shine if you are interested? We could bring it to a high gloss shine, and clear coat over that to help the drum retain it's polished color. I can see it already.... We'll put it on the To Do list.... But for now. you had better play that drum a bit. I bet it sounds killer!

Posted on 11 years ago

That DW is pretty sweet too. Little TLC and she'll be good as new. I'd love to see pics of the inside and bearing edge of the Camco. I looks perfect on the outside. I'd have no idea there were issues inside if you didn't say something. With over 140 views I'd say you got some interest. Sometimes people just don't post much. Anyway enjoy those they are very cool snares. I'd love to own a nice DW snare and kit one day. They make wonderful drums. With some magic from Ryan I'm sure he'd have both in top shape in no time. flower

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here