Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

New Member Gretsch Snare Drum

HOWDY MY FRIENDS:

I am new to this wonderful service and wealth of knowledge. I am going to post this message with an attachment of my Vintage Gretsch (14"x8") Mahogany snare.

Thanks

Chuck

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey and welcome. This is a wonderful site. Nice snare, by the way. Do us a fave and fill us in on what it is you slap and tickle for groove. If that snare is any indication, ... sweet.

Posted on 15 years ago

Howdy:

The rest of my kit is just as sweet. (1980-I think) 5-piece Mahogany lacquer finish with Maple shells. Complete DW hardware, DW 5000 double pedal and DW 5000 High Hat stand. 22" ride, 18" & 16" crash & 14" hats, all of the same vintage Zildjian. One really "cool" feature, is the fact that the bass drum has never been drilled. I have all of the serial #'s if someone can help me out to nail down the exact year of manufacturing. The badge is not enough to tell. I have owned this beautiful, flawless kit for about (8) years. My previous kit was a Yamaha 6-piece Power Recording Custom, which I dearly loved, but not like the Gretsches! I have the drums in cases at the moment, but I will set them up soon and send some more images. Nice conversing!

Chuck

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here