Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

New member and a new to me set!

Hi everybody!

My name is Randy.I am from the St.louis area on the Il side of the river and I just wanted to introduce myself and my newest kit that I recently picked up in my area off of CL. Included is a '64 red sparkle 13,14,22 with serial#'s in the 104,000's and 107,000 a matching '71? b/o badge 12" 3ply re-ring tom with a date sticker of 12717 and a matching

5 1/2 x 14" 8 lug snare serial# 69,760 which I think might be a Jazz Festival?

Also included is a 5 1/2 x14" Slingerland student model snare dated 1961, two Rogers Memrilock stands a Speed King pedal and a Slingerland Magnum hi hat stand.

All the Ludwig drums are 3 ply with re-rings and white interiors and original red felt mufflers.

I'm kind of new to the vintage drum thing so I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions. Any and all info and advice is greatly apprecciated.

A couple of things I'm curious about are, When I measure my snare from bearing edge to bearing edge, I come up with 5 5/16" to 5 3/8" depending on where around the shell I measure. Is this normal for a 5 1/2 " drum?

Am I right in thinking this is a jazz festival?

And last, I have read that Club Date refers to a configuration of shell sizes sold as a kit and not a specific model. If this is true what model would I refer to these drums as?

Thanks again for any help you might be able to give.

I'm anxious to get polishing on these!

Randy

http://randy73.imgur.com/all/

Posted on 10 years ago

randy73!

WELCOME to the VDF! I had to remove your pics though, as we request that you don't embed them within the text box using an outside photo management/sharing system. What that does is:

The files are so large that the pics blow the entire thread out of proportion making it very dificult to view/navigate/reply.. and .. we have no way of archiving/storing the pics on the sites system for later viewing/reference. In most all cases, those links to the sharing service become DEAD over time, and then the thread is useless. You CAN put them back up as attachments! ENJOY your stay!

Tommyp

Posted on 10 years ago

Sorry about that. I'll try to post a link later.

Thanks

Posted on 10 years ago

Hi Randy and welcome aboard.

I'm on the Missouri side of the river from you.

When measuring your snare, could you be measuring at the snare beds? That could account for the discrepancy.

Posted on 10 years ago

So I went back and re-measured my snare without heads on with a different tape measure and I have 5 1/4" at the snare beds and 5 3/8" at all other points. It looks like both top and bottom bearing edges haven't been modified. No big deal, Just curious if it was normal or not.

Posted on 10 years ago

I have a 1968 Jazz festival that measures 5-3/8". All my other Jazz festivals measure 5".

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks Gerald! That makes me feel better.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here