Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

New Hayman drums?

I found a site on a Hayman search that appears to be new hayman drums. Has anybody else seen this looks like they have the lugs right. it is haymandrums.co.uk.

Posted on 15 years ago

From premier72

I found a site on a Hayman search that appears to be new hayman drums. Has anybody else seen this looks like they have the lugs right. it is haymandrums.co.uk.

As far as I know, the dies for the lugs went out to Taiwan sometime between 1975 and 1987, 'Hayman' drums were relaunced in 1987 by Arbiter using generic shells and 'Yamaha' style hardware.

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi,,new on here,,,,,i have an original Hayman kit, i have recovered it though as there cant be many left that still look good in their original finish,,its intersting to see this "new Hayman drums" site as the last re-launch wasn't very well recieved at all,,i think the original shells were made from birch with the white acrylic paint interior and the Pearl type tom holders just doesn't look right as apposed to the original "knuckle cruncher" tom holder,,the original shells sound awesome,,they shouldn't, but they do,,if Dallas Arbiter hadn't gone bust and took the "George Hayman" factory with it, i think the Hayman brand would have gone on in strength and still be around today,,,one of the saddest facts is that "professional" ebayers find it more profitable to break down Hayman kits and sell the parts seperately,,anyone having one of the last kits to be made would have a kit that would be almost 35 years old,,also,,even those shipped abroad, only had the solid colour finish, to my knowledge, Hayman never made a sparkle finish,,

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi everyone...first time here...I haven't seen any of these new Hayman Drums yet....I am the the proud owner of an original George Hayman 4 piece kit (with 20 inch bass drum )....drums only...no hardware when I bought them used in Montreal in 1974....the drum badge indicates they were made in 1969....I also own 4 Avedis Ziljian Cymbals I purchased at Peats Music Store in 1966.....The Haymans and Ziljians still sound as great as the first time I played them!...cheers from NDG Montreal

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here