Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

new guy..plays with Hal Blaine sometimes!!

Hello to all fellow vintage drummers.....I'm mainly a bass player these days, but I love vintage drums and still play. I've had the honor and pleasure of doing some live gigs and recording with Hal Blaine, Don Randi and Jerry Cole recently. We played at NAMM in Jan. and were in the studio in Nov re-cutting some of the Wrecking Crew's tracks for an upcoming documentary. I'd like to post some pics of Hal from the session...Is there a place for photos other than drumsets??

Great to find all these vintage drummers in one place!!

SB

Posted on 16 years ago

Very cool, this is a great place for the pictures!

Great photos and I'm sure a fun experience...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Very cool. So what kind of drums is he playing? They don't look vintage.

Posted on 16 years ago

The drums Hal is playing are Taye...I asked Hal to bring one of his vintage kits to this session as we were doing Good Vibrations, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Surf City...etc, he convinced me that he could get his signature sound with this kit.

He tuned the kit for each song and they sound just like the original records with slightly more power. I have a rough mix of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" up on my myspace page if anyone wants to hear it.."www.myspace.com/pilotshawn"

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here