Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

New guy

Hi Everybody,

Greetings from California! I'm a longtime musician, but fairly new drummer. I have a bit of a fetish for old four piece kits - Ludwig, Rogers, Leedy, etc., though I'm not that knowledgeable about them yet. I'm looking forward to learning from you

Bowing

and passing along what I learn to those who come after.

I love all kinds of music from straightahead jazz to indie rock.

Thanks!

1973 (or 74?) Ludwig silver sparkle
Early 70's Slingerland chrome snare
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey New Guy! Welcome to the best forum for Vintage Drums in the Greater Oak Lake area. The members here are patient - the fact that I'm still a member attests to that! They are very wise in the ways of grandma's tubs and are more than willing to swap tales of banjos and bedlam. You'll find yourself learning when all you wanted to do was check your email. They are just that good. Glad to have you aboard.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Shooting a few pics of your kit (and cymbals) is always a great conversation-starter, too....;)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

welcome

I agree... pics are a great ice breaker.... Welcome

Posted on 15 years ago

Here's the Ice Breaker I served on way back in 88. (true story)

Posted on 15 years ago

Welcome to the Forum, Q-bass !!!!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You must'a used some heavy-#ss sticks to get that mutha' to sing......

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Those pics were taken from the web. ... and yes, it made a serious noise when it would back/and/ram the ice. I have fond memories. I tried to take a kit with me but the XO changed his mind at the last minute. That would have been fun. Oh well...probably would have split apart from the cold...just as well.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

Laughing H

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi new guy! I lurked a couple months before joining. You chose the correct forum!

From mcjnic

OK, I'm not interested in the stick size. I wanna know how you tuned it!?! LoLoLoLo

fishwaltz
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here