Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

New Guy On The Board

Hello, everyone!

My name is Steven and I just registered on this board.

I have been drumming for most of my 38 years on this planet. I have done some performances and the most recent recordings (still going through mixing and mastering) with an Art Rock/Prog band called Persephone's Dream, as well as the recording of a Metal Opera called KRONE (same status as PD's CD), having worked with vocalist/producer DC Cooper, formerly of Royal Hunt and Silent Force, in the both situations.

I joined this board to get some information about a 1978 (I called Conn-Selmer and gave a rep the badge number to confirm this) Ludwig Black Beauty Super Sensitive snare drum. I want to sell it and was looking for an appraisal and stumbled upon this site. I still need to take some pictures of it, though, and I need to make sure that I make a list of everything that was replaced on it, which wasn't much. I can tell you this much right now - It is a 5" x 14" and it still has the original finish, which looks very good. The Conn-Selmer rep also confirmed that it was among the last made before Selmer bought Ludwig and decided to stop production back in those days. I am glad to see that they eventually brought them back into production because they are great drums. By the way, I am the original owner of this drum and I have taken very good care of it.

That's it for now. Once I get the pictures taken and the specs in order, I will post a thread to see if anyone can hlep me with a good asking price range.

I also have a Ludwig maple finish kit from back then as well that I may be interested in selling. It is in very good shape and was used on the recordings that I mentioned above. So someday some of you may get to hear it.

I look forward to exchanging posts with some of you from time to time.

Goodnight everyone!

Steven

Posted on 18 years ago

I jut found a maple finish 78 6 piece Ludwig set in a pawn shop and can't fins alot of info on them can you help with any resources or an idea on price they want $1000 for it.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey and welcome.

Could you both provide pics on these. It would certainly help. Thanks and looking forward to seeing them.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here