Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

New guy needing a hand with vintage kit

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"]Hi there guys & dolls. First up, I couldn't find the introductions forum so allow me to say, "Hi, and good job on what seems to be a good helpful site!".

Now down to business. I was just uploading pictures of the items I was going to swap for a mitsubishi Pajero, when I thought i'd check the price of my guitar whilst the pics uploaded. After much digging it turned out that I was in posession of a very expensive limited edition Les Paul model that's utterly irreplacable. I decided to check out the rest of the items (the Vectra wasn't worth much more than i'd initially thought :) ) but couldn't get any info on my drumkit.

I am aware that the snare drum may be worth something but was prepared to let it go because I really need a 4x4. Until someone said I shouldn't let it go. They reccommended this site but I couldn't find any pictures that matched my snare, bar the 1959 6.5x14 chrome over brass.

Anyway, i'll upload a pic or two of the kit and snare (the chrome is badly flaked) and I would be really grateful if anyone here could shed any light on what this lot may be worth, because if i'm about to swap a £500 snare as part of a £300 kit then i'll be mighty unimpressed! If any of the kit is worth something i'll keep it for life, I always loved the look of it and it was breaking my heart to let it go anyway. This may be the perfect excuse to keep hold of it (like I needed one :p ) and lead to restoration with any luck.

So, thanks in advance for ANY help. And I understand the pics aren't great and plenty, I took them with my phone specifically to give the would-be recipient an ide of the style, so i'll get the SLR on the job tomorrow and re-post.

Kind regards.

Pete[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I am having difficulty with image hosting so I have emailed pics to the admin, to be added later.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR=yellowgreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]After much research and trawling thousands (literally) of pages on the web i've discovered that: It's a 5.5" x 14" variant with a P85 throwoff, ten lugs (convex, not concave) with the blue and green Ludwig badge, looks to be chrome or nickel plating which has flaked alot. Not sure if this helps. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hurting

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi and welcome (finally...another member who found the colors template !!!!Clapping Happy2).

OK, where to start.....Dude, that's a friggin' COOL old Beverly kit...I mean, OLD.

Is it worth more than 300 pounds ? Yes, probably, if it is in good shape; and it has it's original tom mounting arms and legs, etc.. Looks like the lugs may have some pitting, but...if there is no significant damage or issues such as extra holes, cracked or peeling wrap, bad drum shell edges, or the like...I would say keep it. If you sell, it's more worth 400 pounds plus, IMHO. Also because it's a hipper wrap than most old Beverlys (and honestly, you almost never see a full set of intact old Beverlys these days, methinks...)

I would like a photo of the inside of one of the drumshells...my guess is they are gonna be birch with re-rings...but I'd be curious to see.

Onto the snare....yeow...OK, yeah, it would'a been worth a decent penny (oops...quid) but dang, the chrome plating is history...and that is the sort of thing which really makes it's market value go thru the floor. It is the kind of project which only a true drum lover would love....because basically that shell needs to be stripped down and replated. Which isn't cheap....around here if you don't have any friends in the auto or metal biz, you would be looking at about $200 for a strip and replating. But the lugs and hoops and throwoff can probably be brought back with just a bit of spit 'n shine (OK maybe some 0000 steel wool, too).

Nevertheless, probably worth about $100usd or so even in that condition....just taking a guestimate...

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Ey-up! I'm just down the motorway in Chorley!

Lovely set of Beverley there! Everything Jaye says is true, but, in the same way as a nice old Slingy will cost more over here in the UK, there's obviously fewer Beverley's in the US, so a nice set of Beverley's would be likely to fetch a little more in the US. Beverley's were renowned for being decent drums (I know the late 60's stuff was made with Premier's high-end shells) and they're always collectable. I recently got a set, but it's not arrived yet. will post when it does!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here