Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

New Guy Intro

Hi everyone, glad I found the place. Just getting back into Drumming after many years of not touching a pair of sticks. Like many here, I started in the 60's in Jr. High. My Dad bought me a used set of Kent drums, I know they were the blue badge Black Diamond Pearl 5 piece kit, with some old crusty Zildgians. Like an ass I sold them long ago. Anyhow in my teens I got involved in Drum Corps and got to meet some incredible players. Rumor was Steve Gadd had played with our corps before I joined. One day our director hired a "big name jazz drummer" to come in for the day and help the drum line. He hung out with my Dad and me all day, real nice guy. Its only now I can appreciate who Joe Morello is.

I've always loved drums and now I find myself checking ebay or craigslist for a nice little WMP Rogers or Grestch 4 pcs. kit. I don't own any drums now, I'm sure that will change soon. Its great to be here, and benefit from so much knowledge and experience. Thanks for having me, Rob G.

The Band

Posted on 15 years ago

Welcome aboard! There are a lot of cool people on this site, tons of knowledge. I am sure someone can lead you to a nice kit.

Lucky

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Welcome. Yeah...despite how prices ahve gone up on eFlay in recent years....you can still score a nice vintage kit there w/ some patience. Also, I dunno where you are exactly (?)...you mention your locale has an active Craigslist community...that's another great resource.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Excellent - Another Kent guy. That makes what... 5 of us now :)

Welcome aboard!! Great place to hang.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm near Gettysburg Pa. (on Md. border). I've been watching CL but mostly see beater Pearl export sets (they must have sold millions of them). Matter of fact this huge new warehouse just went up on the interstate near my house.Couple of weeks ago I noticed the Pearl logo on it, its their east coast distribution center. No store just warehouse. I'm just over an hour to Balto. and DC, figure I might see some vintage jazz kits there. Where I live it's easier to find an original Civil War drum than an old trap set.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here