Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

New Forum Section

Hello everyone, I created this page for discussions about drums from other countries. I get a steady amount of email about, Hayman, Trixon, Japanese Drums, Beverely, Ajax, Autocrat John Grey, Rose Morris, the list goes on...

Thanks

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

I have a real soft spot for Hayman drums. When they appeared in the late 60's they just blew me away! They instantly made everything else from the time, look so old fashioned and out of date. The stunning mettalic finishes in wonderful colours (u.k. spelling!!) and the heavy duty hardware that made everything else on the market look poor and weak. I had a four drum set in wine red and played it in a English rock/funk band. I have always regretted selling it on especially as it was still immaculate after many miles on the road. Ahh, happy days.

Posted on 18 years ago

Sorry it's me again, but whilst I'm on can I comment on Beverly drums.

Whilst I believe Beverly drums had a life of their own before the Premier drum company bought the name, after it was bought up, the shells were exactly the same as the Premier ones, (I believe). This is relevant because the Beverly range was cheaper to buy than the Premiers. The only difference I understood, was that any shells that had any imperfections in the outer ply's were used as Beverly's or indeed I think, Olympics. Because all drums had outer covers on them in those days, nobody saw the filler that might or might not have been used on the outer plies.

NOW I AM PREPARED TO BE CORRECTED ON THIS, but in my tour of the factory in the early seventies I was definately shown this grading process of shells and some pro's of the time, did seem to favour the Beverley range over the Premiers. Perhaps because they knew they were getting the same drums for less money? Interesting.

Posted on 18 years ago

No real interesting foreign drums in my posession. A Djembe from Ghana and my bassdrum (1980 Tama 24"x18" swingstar, blue metallic foil), with, coincidentally, Tama bass-pedal. Foreign cymbals, yes (several Paiste). Other drums are not foreign to you, but they are to me (i'm Dutch): two snares (Rogers, see other thread, and wooden Pearl piccolo), three toms (Remo roto 10, 12 and 14").

Actually i reply to this thread to say hello to David/moderator and thank you for your work and the initiative. Good thing.

I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to navigating websites, so i didn't really see where else to post this. Sorry to disturb the thread.

Bye from Amsterdam.

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Sorry it's me again, but whilst I'm on can I comment on Beverly drums.Whilst I believe Beverly drums had a life of their own before the Premier drum company bought the name, after it was bought up, the shells were exactly the same as the Premier ones, (I believe). This is relevant because the Beverly range was cheaper to buy than the Premiers. The only difference I understood, was that any shells that had any imperfections in the outer ply's were used as Beverly's or indeed I think, Olympics. Because all drums had outer covers on them in those days, nobody saw the filler that might or might not have been used on the outer plies.NOW I AM PREPARED TO BE CORRECTED ON THIS, but in my tour of the factory in the early seventies I was definately shown this grading process of shells and some pro's of the time, did seem to favour the Beverley range over the Premiers. Perhaps because they knew they were getting the same drums for less money? Interesting.

Yep Jim.

The Olympic and Beverley drums were 'seconds'. As you said. Slight imperfections, knot's, stains etc.

Hence, the workshops I'm arranging to educate the local youngsters about vintage drums.

Gaz.

www.drumarchive.com
www.mikedolbear.com
Posted on 18 years ago

I just bought a set of blue sparkle 1970's-ish japanese-made Andy drums. Has anyone heard of Andy drums? They remind me of my Slingerland set, with maple reinforcement rings around the inside of the bass drum. Let me know if you have any information leading to the arrest of one mr. Andy,....

Posted on 18 years ago

Hello, can you get me a picture of the drum badge??

Thanks

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here