Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

New England White wrap

hi all,

has anyone found a source for wrap to match the Rogers NE White (really sort of off-white)?? Help

thanks in advance!!

Posted on 17 years ago

mcroft...

Actually, Rogers "New England White" is a VERY WHITE wrap... when it's new that is... and therin lies your problem...

If you have existing/original "New England White" on your drums and are looking to add some drums or match some re-wrap to your current drums, I don't think you may find anything currently available. The problem is the same problem that plagues original WMP... they both yellow over time from chemical reaction in the wrap, UV exposure, and even nicotine from gigging in clubs back in the day. However,

If the off-white color on your wrap is in fact from nicotine or just general soiling, one of the many enzyme based cleaners will work miracles on eliminating the yellowing and returning the wrap to it's former beauty. These cleaners work especially well on white... but again ... only if it isn't from cheimical/UV reaction that yellowed it in the first place. It would be worth a try to see I think. The one I use is called: Spray Nine... but there are others. The key to these cleaners is the "enzyme-based" on the label/ingredients. Anyway,

The only other way to go would be to try and pick up a couple Rogers drums in New England White that are in not so good condition and remove the wrap, carefully of course, and re-wrap on the drums you need. Rogers did in fact wrap a LOT of drums/kits in New England White back in the 70's so this might be an alternative.

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks Tommy!

I bought a 16x18 "Rogers" NE White floor tom to round out my kit. the pics looked good, all the answers to my questions were correct - but the drum is a mess! a mix&match set of beaver tail lugs (some with springs, some with clips), a MIA Rogers logo that was glued to the wrap (new tape-on wrap, very poorly done),a tone control with a big fat chrome knob-plastic quick release throw-and one piece bent spring on a triangular mounting plate, a huge screw nut backed air vent, the requsite flat gray interior but no sign of where the logo was originally tacked on or a label, old style ('65) steel knobbies in decent shape but the nastiest set of legs ever. they look like they've been cut out of steel plate with a band saw!

if it happened to somebody else I'd have to laugh!

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here