Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

new drums for kids

I'm looking to sell my vintage rogers kit to buy a more complete kit for my kids to learn on. What kits tend to hold they're value and can stand up to being used as a beginers kit?

Posted on 14 years ago

The "hold their value" bit is going to be the hang-up here. There are some excellent kits out there for kiddos to play, but they generally don't hold their value well. The Gretsch Catalina line comes to mind...as does the Mapex and Yamaha kits. They sound good and hold up fairly well. It's up to you on which you choose. What Rogers kit are you selling? That's something that perks up our ears and such. Let us know.

Posted on 14 years ago

I have a friend who gigs regularly with a smaller sized DDrum kit. I have played them and think they are in the same class or maybe above other "secondary" quality kits out there.

As for value retention, who can tell? I never thought Tama, Pearl or Yamaha would ever be considered as "vintage" or collectible drums when I retailed them in the 80's.

I'd recommend an inexpensive used MIJ kit or another entry level Asian kit to test the waters with your kids. I'm sure you can get such a kit sounding good and playable.

Oh, and if possible, keep the Rogers kit.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here