Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

New drum heads for 70's TAMA's

I am planning on putting on new drum heads and saving the original TAMA Superstar heads from the 1970's.

When I last played seriously (70's & 80's) on a set of mid-60's Ludwig white pearl finish with 5" Supersentative snare, I recall that I used Remo Black Dot heads that I really liked. They muted just right to give a bouncy, thuddy sound; and the snare did not ring too much. This was with the internal mufflers barely touching so they did not rattle.

For the TAMA's so far I plan to do the same thing, barely using the drum internal mufflers.

Do these heads perform the same as the 70's & 80's version did?

Then what clear heads for the 22" bass drum?

Any other suggestions for using current technology heads, but with clear bottom heads and clear bass drum heads? That is because the internal wood grain looks nice, and so that you can see the bass drum work going on.

Thank you,

Craig

Posted on 8 years ago

HY

i would use Remo Emperor Clear as batter and Remo Ambassador clear as Resohead! For me on that Tama Bassdrum there is only Evans Emad clear;-)

That should give you a cool Rocksound all togehter:-)

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

I agree for the BD batter ... The Evans Emad...

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 8 years ago

Thank you for the input, especially on the bass drum heads. Now I at least have a point of reference to talk to the salesmen to order them.

-Craig

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here