Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Neither Super Classic or Downbeat?

Some of you may remember helping me a while back with identifying a Ludwig kit that I eventually bought here in New Zealand.

From searching this site and the catalogs on the VDG it seems that this kit with a 20" BD and 16" FT (the mounted tom turned out to be wrong) is neither a super classic or a downbeat. Because there are no badges or date stamps it's hard to tell if they even came together originally but they do appear to be of the same vintage (early 60's) and because so few of these were sold in NZ it seems possible that they were sold together.

Question is, have any of you come across this configeration before?

Many thanks

2 attachments
Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 15 years ago

20-13-16 and 20-12-16 were standard configurations back then, but not common enough for Ludwig to designate them as catalog outfits. However, I have seen both combos many times.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 15 years ago

When the collecting game started up, with it came different styles of collecting. One of those styles is to collect the configurations that Ludwig (or other brands, too) named in their reference catalogs.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for your help.

She's certainly no collector kit but she will be cleaned up and played regularly.

Andrew

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here