Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Need to sell my DW's

I need some advice on how to sell my DW's and what they are worth.

Posted on 15 years ago

I'll offer $10 based on the information provided. :confused:

I mean, would you buy a car based on what you provided? Gotta work with us here if you want help. Based on what you posted, try Craigslist.

Pictures alway help.

Bit more info needed please...

Are they DW's or DW's Pacific model? Seems like they get advertised that way a lot.

Model

Number of drums

Sizes

Hardware included

Condition

Wrap or finish

Posted on 15 years ago

11 dollars ;)

Posted on 15 years ago

OK. Very funny. I realize I didn't give any specifics because I did think I'd be finding buyers here. I'm new to this site. I was wondering HOW to price them and WHERE to sell them to get the best deal. They are worth about $7000 to me with cases but I realize they are used and not worth that to others.

They are the real deal DW's. 1996 purchased new.... Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

Without any information, all I would suggest is that you offer them up for what they are worth to you. That way you will not be disappointed at the sale. If you want to take the time and give the details of the kit and post pics, then maybe there will be more assistance to guide you to a more realistic selling point. It's your call.

Posted on 15 years ago

OK, Thanks. Then "where" to sell them is my question. Ebay, craigslist,?? I'm wondering if there is a better place? I can post photos, etc. Are 1996 DW's worth more than the newer Pacific stuff. Get it? Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

Try craigslist. It's free and local.

Make sure when you post your ad to include some pictures, or at least a description of how many drums there are, what sizes they are, what finish, any hardware/cymbals that are included in the package, etc.

As it is right now, I couldn't tell you about their worth because I don't know anything about it. (A 6-piece set would sell more than a 3-piece, and a custom lacquer finish would sell for more than a wrap, for example.)

Realize, though, that the economy is still in the tanker, and the used market is priced pretty low right now. Expect to sell for about one-third of the new price, if it's in great condition. I see DW kits in Portland NOT selling for about $1200 nowadays. $7000 is ***REALLY*** high, especially since you can get a new 5-piece for around $3500. Although, you may have a Terry Bozzio-sized DW kit for all I know...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 15 years ago

Though there are a lot of comparisons that can be made, the 90's DW's are the apples and the Pacific variety are the oranges. They really should not be evaluated/priced side by side. With that said, there are those that will insist on hammering that square peg into the given round hole. Just smile, nod, and walk away. :D Yes SirHurting

Posted on 15 years ago

Ya that's kind of like saying "I have a Les Paul"

(When in reality "Epiphone" is stamped on the headstock, NOT quite the same thing)

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here