Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Need to Identify Yamaha Drums - Please Help!

Hello all!

I recently bought an older model Yamaha kit from someone. He said the kit was around 30 years old and possibly an 8000 Series Tour Custom. After researching it and looking at the model and serial numbers, it seems like it is either a Tour Custom or Recording Custom 9000. The only difference between this and the RCs I have seen is that the lugs are split and the badge said that I was "Made in Taiwan Republic of China," not in Japan. Here is the info I got off of the badges:

Bass Drum = BD-922 DA Serial No. PX 5050

Rack Tom = TT-913 DA Serial No. PP 5036

Floor Tom = FT-916 DA Serial No. PP 5023

I can't seem to find anything with "DA" in the model number. Using Yamaha's Drum Vault I found that they are all made of Camelia (?)/Philipine Mahogany with steel hoops (triple flange for the toms) and split chrome lugs...but it gives no information about the series or anything else about the drum. I was just wondering if anyone had any more information about this kit and/or how it compares to others and how much it could be worth. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

3 attachments
61.3 kB
48.7 kB
112.6 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

Well, they are Yamaha, so they should have an awesome sound, especially since they are not entry level. As far as the value, non American values are very subjective. The people who collect and trade America drums may low ball them, even though they know Yamaha has a very nice product. You will get values that vary wildly. Some will say 400, others may say perhaps 700, some may say 200. Those appear to be in excellent condition. Is the snare included? Which snare is it? In any event, you have a nice set that should be taken care of as well as the last owner apparently has. How do they sound?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here