Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

need to find out what year my SRK snare is

I have a slingerland Radio King snare I thinks it's a 1940's but it also looks like the 1960's version too!!?? It look like the one thats pictured on this site for the history of slingerland snares. It's a blue sparkle the slingerland oval is the same as the 40' model you have pictured, but the strainer looks different. The dampner it a double felt and mine is in a different location as the one you have pictured. Mine is to the left of the vent hole w/slingerland oval around it, the strainer is to the right of the oval (vent hole). Now I'm really starting to get confused do I have a 40's or a 60' the oval is the only thing that make lean towards the 40' model.

Also I'm looking for the strainer arm and the part the the arm moves. Mine snare is being held tight by tennis shoe lace. I have to tighten it up with plyers to get it tight enough for the snare to work and there no changeing it to a tom. I want to restore this drum. I have replaced both heads with REMO weather king coated embassador heads w/matching bottom head. I play this drum on a regalur basis along with a 5pc. set I've put together. So If any of you could help me determine what I have it would be great.

pompa mfw

Mr. Pearl and his slingy snare.14"x6 1/2" RADIO KING Aqua BLUE SPARKLE.14"x5" Rogers dynasonic cob. Early Pearl Fiberglass 22x14,8"x7 1/2",10"x9 1/2", 12'x8",13"x11",16"x16" Pearl Drums Rock, Rogers drums still #1,Old Slingerlands Play for Ever!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Please post some pics, it will help a lot.

Thanks

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

i'm going to try and send some pic's if I can get it to work hopefully these pic's will go thru. there not very good ones it's just a cheap web cam, hopefully it will work.

I can't remember where i got this drum from or who gave it to me yes gave it to me. I really like the way this drum sounds compared to the metal ones out there. I've put new heads on her I'm looking for the rest of the strainer parts I'm missing like I said the snare is held tight with a tennis shoe string lol but it works, that's the way it was when I got it!!!. i just want to make it right!! thanks pompa mfw.

ps. my real name is mark

thats part of the mfw on my user name pompa's a nick name, from my grand daughter.

Mr. Pearl and his slingy snare.14"x6 1/2" RADIO KING Aqua BLUE SPARKLE.14"x5" Rogers dynasonic cob. Early Pearl Fiberglass 22x14,8"x7 1/2",10"x9 1/2", 12'x8",13"x11",16"x16" Pearl Drums Rock, Rogers drums still #1,Old Slingerlands Play for Ever!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I know where I can get a matching set for $900!

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

The forum is connected to a large collection of history and resources.

Reading through this section.

Slingerland DrCJW History

Will give you all of the details to get the year.

This is not a 40's Model

I have a similar drum posted here. Different color and size. It is a 1953.

Also, I just recently expanded the Slingerland Snare Drum Section

So, finding the piece to the 3-point strainer is your mission! Well, post it in the wanted section and keep searching eBay for the part. It will take time and well worth the wait when you get the drum set up correctly.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

PM sent...

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here