I picked up an early 60s Leedy kit in original silver sparkle (20/12/16) some time ago for almost nothing. The kit itself is in near mint condition, including the original wrap.

Although the kit came with a single rack tom it also came with its original Leedy bass drum-centered double tom mount.

I've been considering adding a second rack tom to the kit since the time I purchased it, mainly due to the mount. Although I seldom see an actual 8x12 or 9x13 Leedy being offered (at a reasonable price, of course), I have seen several Slingerland rack toms available from the same era. I've got a few questions regarding the Slingerland/Leedy connection, if I may:

1. Would the hole spacing for the Sound King lugs on an early 60s Slingerland rack tom match that of the spacing for Leedy lugs on an early 60s Leedy rack tom? In other words, if I purchased a Slingerland tom could I swap out the original lugs for Leedys without modifying the shell in any way?

2. Would lugs for a Leedy tom from this period be easy to find at "reasonable" prices? I don't seem to see them being offered too often.

3. Is the original wrap on my Leedy pieces considered silver "sparkle" or silver "glass glitter"? Did the company offer both during this period?

If I actually do add the extra tom I'm not sure at this time whether I'd want to go with a "double" 8x12 or the more conventional 8x12 & 9x13. Anyone know if there were actually some Leedy kits from this era that featured the double 8x12?

I apologize for the length of this post but, as usual, I appreciate your time and any input that you might have!

Have a GREAT day!:Santa: