Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Need some help to identify this vintage Pearl

Hi everyone !

I recently purchased a Pearl drums and I need some help to identify what type of kit I have. It seems to be from the 70's but not sure ... I have a snare and an extra drum which have a slight different color, I guess they have been purchased later (according to the look of the badge).

Curious thing as well : all the inside of the drums are painted red (see pictures ) ... Is it something Pearl used to do ?

I also got a ludwig kick pedal, if someone has any idea of the year ..

Thanks for your help mates !

Matthieu

5 attachments
148 kB
142 kB
142.9 kB
145 kB
121.5 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

More pics !

5 attachments
97.9 kB
94.9 kB
144.8 kB
45.5 kB
70.4 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

And more pics !

5 attachments
112 kB
133.8 kB
79.3 kB
93.5 kB
149.9 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

This is from 1972-74 - these lugs are referred to as "battleship" lugs.

Your snare is most likely BRASS...and if so it is quite desirable.

You need to check it with a magnet....

no stick=Brass

Stick=Steel

Nice kit......I have the same kit (my sizes are 12/14/20)

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 7 years ago

Hi Drummerjohn and thank you for that quick answer !

When I take a look at the Pearl drum catalog, I can see that the piece holding the tom is not centered, and that seems to be a feature of 60's drums ? But maybe I'm mistaken ...

Can you say what kind of outfit it is ? I see many names like Frontier, Planet, Challanger. Mine could look like a Valencia one.

Do you have the inside painted red as well in your kit ?

Concerning the snare, yes, it is brass (is it a good thing ?). I also got another snare (see pics), and this one is metal.

Do the badges help dating the elements ?

I have so many questions, sorry about this, I'm a complete newbie in the drums world ...

Thanks guys !!!!

2 attachments
92.1 kB
90.7 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

My shells are not painted at all on the inside.

Your Brass snare is 1973 or later and worth considerably more than the steel one.

Your steel one is the one that came with the kit - being dated the same (72-74). Those are great steel snares. I have several.

Yeah, the badges do help, but in this case I am going on the style of the lugs and knobs.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

Posted on 7 years ago

As far as the mounting and the model - I never got that deep into it.....more interested in just dating them.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks a lot Drummerjohn !

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here