Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Need some help (Slingerland)

I've been offered a trade for these drums, 70's 5-ply Maple. Are they any good? I'd be learning after a 25+ year hiatus (and I stunk back then). But I don't need a headache scenario. And about what are they worth? He says one of the toms is no longer... Appreciate it.

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9cc32b3127ccef88f97e7c60500000030O00AauGThm3cOGIPbz4Q/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

SWEET!!!! I love the wrap on that kit.

It almost looks to be a Slingy kit with Luddy mounts tacked on. Value would depend on which tom "is no more". If it's the floor tom....ouch. If it's one of the wing toms, it would depend on which are remaining. Point is, if the 13 is missing, you would be jumping from 12,14,16....not the most optimum arrangement. Just a thought.

Posted on 14 years ago

Looks more like 10, 12, 13, 16 IMO

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

I looked at the email. Its the small one, there IS a 12 and 13". Is it worth around $600-700? Thanks

Posted on 14 years ago

Is the snare included? How about cymbals and hardware? If you can get it ready to play than I think that price would be worth it.

Posted on 14 years ago

This is from the "other" thread pertaining to this kit. Just wanted to make sure it stuck.

Could you please pass the contact info to us? I would be interested in this kit...as I'm sure there are others here, too. Nice nice nice drums. Granted the 5 ply sounds a bit stiffer than the 3 ply, but dang! Those are sweet drums. Yes, he has them overpriced. Yes, the Luddy mounts drag the price down even more. But there's gotta be some middle ground, don't ya think?

Posted on 14 years ago

you don't need to pass the contact if you don't want. At least not until your sure you don't want it.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Amen and agree.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here