Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Need Slingerland Orphans

Looking for some 60s era Slingerland orphans. I need a 14x20 BD w/rail mount, 8x12 tom w/diamond mount, and any model snare. These will all be re-wrapped so preferably something stripped or with a rough finish, no collector grade stuff. No extra holes or non original hardware please. Would prefer complete drums, but if you have incomplete stuff I'll consider it.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey deadhead are you wanting to re-wrap to match other drums? If you can get the finish you want wouldn't that be easier? I ask 'cause I have a set of 1963's: 12" diamond mount, 14x14 and 20" with rail mount, 5x14 COB but I kinda' wanna' keep that anyway. Don't know about collector grade, but pretty doggone nice! 12 & 14 each have 2 extra holes from Lud mounts. 12 covered by diamond plate, 14 you're gonna see 'em. Other than that original. Really like the snare! But was gonna' put 'em up for sale as set. Original set not put together from orphans. Oh yeah, Sky Blue Pearl, not faded too bad (at least I don't think so). You might not be interested but if you are let me know....Eddie.

So many drums....only two hands and feet.
Posted on 14 years ago

From Eddie Mack

Hey deadhead are you wanting to re-wrap to match other drums? If you can get the finish you want wouldn't that be easier? I ask 'cause I have a set of 1963's: 12" diamond mount, 14x14 and 20" with rail mount, 5x14 COB but I kinda' wanna' keep that anyway. Don't know about collector grade, but pretty doggone nice! 12 & 14 each have 2 extra holes from Lud mounts. 12 covered by diamond plate, 14 you're gonna see 'em. Other than that original. Really like the snare! But was gonna' put 'em up for sale as set. Original set not put together from orphans. Oh yeah, Sky Blue Pearl, not faded too bad (at least I don't think so). You might not be interested but if you are let me know....Eddie.

Eddie, these will be wraped with a veneer, not trying to match an original color. I would hate to break up an original set and pull off a good condition wrap. I don't think you will have any trouble moving those drums with those sizes, so I'd prefer to pass them to someone who will keep them original. I bet there are a few guys here that would be interested though. There are plenty of orphans out there in rough shape that would be better for my project. Thank you for checking with me!

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey DH, thanks for your answer. Yeah I'll post 'em in 'For Sale" when I get pix and some one to help me do it. Probably next week.

Thanks again....Eddie.

So many drums....only two hands and feet.
Posted on 14 years ago

Bump

Found a 12", still need a 14x20 and any model wood snare from the 60s.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here