Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Need Slingerland butt plate

Hey all. This is my first post, and i'm hoping someone can help me out.

This past weekend i picked up a Slingerland COB 8-lug 14 x 5.25" Sound King. I figure it's in the '68-'69 time frame, since it's got the bronze-colored slingerland badge (pre-'70) but it's got a zoomatic strainer with the "idiot tab" on it.('66 onwards)

Looks like this:

[IMG]http://www.coopersvintagedrums.com/drumhistorysling_files/image214.jpg[/IMG]

Anyways, i'm frustrated because i'm in need of the butt plate for this unit.

Also, my zoomatic strainer has the adjustment knob broken off.

Anyone have any parts laying around for this setup? I can probably make do with the zoomatic strainer as-is, but the missing butt-plate is obviously a deal-breaker.

Or maybe you know a site that stocks old parts like this?

I think this is my huckleberry.

[IMG]http://www.coopersvintagedrums.com/slingerlandstrainers_files/image100.jpg[/IMG]

-Eric

Posted on 14 years ago
Posted on 14 years ago

From asbestos

FYI---The Butt plate you have posted is the wrong one,That one a called a T.D.R. butt plate used on the Buddy Rich T.D.R. snare drum also on slingerland marching snare drums....Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From Rover Eric

Hey all. This is my first post, and i'm hoping someone can help me out.This past weekend i picked up a Slingerland COB 8-lug 14 x 5.25" Sound King. I figure it's in the '68-'69 time frame, since it's got the bronze-colored slingerland badge (pre-'70) but it's got a zoomatic strainer with the "idiot tab" on it.('66 onwards)Looks like this:[IMG]http://www.coopersvintagedrums.com/drumhistorysling_files/image214.jpg[/IMG]Anyways, i'm frustrated because i'm in need of the butt plate for this unit.Also, my zoomatic strainer has the adjustment knob broken off. Anyone have any parts laying around for this setup? I can probably make do with the zoomatic strainer as-is, but the missing butt-plate is obviously a deal-breaker.Or maybe you know a site that stocks old parts like this?I think this is my huckleberry.[IMG]http://www.coopersvintagedrums.com/slingerlandstrainers_files/image100.jpg[/IMG]-Eric

Hi, Eric,i have the butt plate you need,I think i also have the strainer[i have to check later today]]..P.M. if you like..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

I am waiting for someone drummer to name his band " Butt Plate"!!!LoLoLoLo

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From OsakaBop

I am waiting for someone drummer to name his band " Butt Plate"!!!LoLoLoLo

Hey OsakaBopLaughing HLaughing HLaughing H....back in the 80s on the west coast in ca their was a punk band that went by the name "Butt Plate"..Oh not my band...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

P.M. sent I have your butt plate...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From MIKEY777

P.M. sent I have your butt plate...Mikey

MIKEY777, please clear your inbox and please let me know the status of the Hayman parts.

Ludwig 26" ´75 Green Sparkle
Ludwig Big Beat ´71 Citrus Mod
Sonor Hilite Exclusive Black -90
Yamaha 9000 Sunset Brown ´84
Yamaha 8000 Cobolt Blue ´90
20 different Ludwig B/O snares
Blue Label 602´s, EAK´s and a bunch of vintage A´s.
Posted on 14 years ago

From ringo

MIKEY777, please clear your inbox and please let me know the status of the Hayman parts.

Check your email ..i emailed you the tracking number the other day..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Or just a user name on a drum forum would be funny enough 'butt plate'.

guitar2

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here