Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Need Lug For Hinger Snare Drum

Hi: I would like to buy a replacement lug for a Hinger "Touch-Tone" 6 1/2 by 14 inch concert snare drum. It's the double-lug mounted in the middle of the drum. If you have an extra lug or know someone who may, please contact me here. Thanks, TJ1002

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi there. I understand your concern with the lugs and can make a decent guess as to which part of the lug has failed for you. Even if you replace a lug of the same type you will have some issues with deterioration. I am currently trying to restore a Hinger drum myself (though am not selling any original parts). It is really a question of whether you want the genuine article, or to have the pieces to hold together. I am currently searching for replacement parts. These are arguably some of the best snare drums ever made. Perhaps you could try to seek the advice of Dan Hinger? This is something I want to do before making any concrete suggestions for myself or anyone else. If I make any discoveries, I would be more than happy to share information. Ideas on how to tackle these types of restorations can be very individual, so if anything I have written contradicts your ideas please do not be offended (in fact, I would be interested to receive information about your thoughts on the subject also). In the mean time... good luck, and all the best with your drum!

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi Oz:

Just wanted to say thanks for the reply. The drum has already had a substitue lug installed when I bought it (a Pearl?) and so is in perfect working order. However, being somewhat of authentic/original nut, I would like to restore it back to all original parts. I'll try to google Dan Hinger but if you have any contact info for him, that would really help. I'd like to try some other original Hinger snares on the drum also.

Thanks, TJ1002

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here