Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Need Ludwig Black oyster 14x14...

Hello all. New user here. I'm in the process of restoring a 1966 Ludwig Downbeat kit, and need a 14x14 Oyster Black Pearl floor tom to complete the kit. If anyone has one for sale please let me know. I'd actually prefer a shell only, since I already have all the hardware for it. Maybe just a shot in the dark, but I'd like to see what's out there. Thanks for any info.

Posted on 6 years ago

My my one should pop up any time, welcome

Btw I’m looking for 22x 14 mid sixty’s I’m just saying

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago

There are a couple of 22x14 bass right now on the "bay". Various price ranges. Occasionally a 14x14 floor tom comes up on there, but not very often.

Posted on 6 years ago

i have one :) shoot me an email [email]jbarthelettedrums@gmail.com[/email]

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks. I sent you an e-mail this morning.

Posted on 6 years ago

Still lookin....

Posted on 6 years ago

Hello Cas,

I believe that I have what you are looking for (or at least maybe you can help me find a good home for them). I recently acquired a '65 Ludwig Oyster Pearl Bass drum and Tom Tom (along with assorted pedals, sticks and other items). As I am not a drum aficionado, perhaps I can give you the serial numbers, and pictures from every angle and you can tell me if this is what you want or help me craft an ad for these.

The drums also came with a Traynor Tube Amp; I will send those pics as well if you are interested.

So, these are form the original owner. The mother told me he played them about 20 times in the late 60s and then sort of let the set get dispersed amongst friends who never returned the rest of the cymbals, snares etc. So there are only the two pieces left.

They have the original fabric covers (although they are a bit brittle) and have been sitting in a basement for almost 50 years!!! Everything looks original to me but I will let you be the judge of that.

Can I send them to you directly or would you rather I post here? My email is [email]max@vadessa.com[/email] If you send me yours I will send the pics and any info that you want. I will also give you my number. I am in Calgary.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here