Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Need input quick on Yamaha Drums!!!!

This may not be the right spot for this but I have a time issue here, and I'm like a tiger ready to pounce!!! Are the older Yamaha Tour series drums good? I mean are they a good quality drum? I have a chance to get a set of them, 4 piece, which was played by the drummer for LA Guns. I'm assuming they would be really nice drums, but, they are from the early to mid '80's. Is $400 a good price or no? The sizes are 24 bass 13 and 15 mounted toms and an 18" floor tom. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks All!!!!

Posted on 18 years ago

From what I know they are good drums.Yamaha in general makes a good kit. And for $400...I would say thats a very good price for a kit of those sizes and the age.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

hey yeah man, i like those drums. and for $400! last year i got a 14x24 kick at a music go round for $89, because it didn't have the original spurs. .

they were never the top of the line, and i believe that the shells are birch/mohagany. omar hakim used them with sting, thats where i first saw/heard them . .

good luck,

jt

jt bates

minneapolis,
minnesota
www.jtbates.org
Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks guys for the info. I'm gonna buy them. The guy that has them also has the documentation that LA Guns did in fact use them as he had rented them out from a local music store for 3 gigs here in NY. So, I'll have the rental agreement with the drummers signature on it. A bonus!! As soon as I get them I'll post some pics for you. Thanks again!!!

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here