Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

need info on this ludwig for sale

it is blue sparkle....tell me if yaknow what kind it is and if its worth 299

Posted on 14 years ago

If any are Ludwig,it's the toms and bass-snare is generic Taiwan.And cymbal stand is made out of a seat base!Drums are Club Dates,probably 12,14,20.Can't see any markings,badges,mounts etc.Need better pix.If they are Club Dates,price is O.K.

Posted on 14 years ago

Nice hihat...

Posted on 14 years ago

That floor tom doesn't look right; I have a 14 x 14 and that one looks funny. I'd advise getting som more pictures. The fact that the hihat is uh, inoperable and there's an import snare make me skeptical.

Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like an early 60's 20, 12, 15. I think it might have been re-drilled for a center tom mount.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

By the way he is using a ludwig throne as a hi-hat stand and the snare stand looks to be an old ludwig.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

I would also say ludwig 60s14x20 ,8x12,12x15[[ NOT 14x14]]floor tom.But with-out any photos of the badges who knows,the lugs on the toms look ludwig,Tom mount and floor tom leg mounts don't look like ludwigs to me.I would say 250.00 tops for the set..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From MIKEY777

I would also say ludwig 60s14x20 ,8x12,12x15[[ NOT 14x14]]floor tom.

I think I agree. The early 60s catalog for Club Dates features a 15" tom; only mid 60s do we see it switch to 14".

The 15" is listed on the Vintage Drum Guide companion site to this forum to be from the 1962 catalog:

http://vintagedrumguide.com/images/ludwig_sets/club_date/1960_club_date.jpg

Therefore if it has Ludwig badges and no serial numbers you are probably looking at an early 60s set. Maybe an optical illusion, but the bass looks almost elliptical.

If it checks out--and by this I mean 3 Ludwig club date drums with no or minor extra holes, no wrap or repaint issues, good edges and the drums are round, and at least very good condition on the shells--then I personally think $300 is a pretty good price for the shells alone.

If you get it I'd be very happy to buy that big rubber tip off you on the "hi hat stand".

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here