Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Need info help with Rogers

I found a Rogers kit online, the pictures are limited, but here is what I know. The owner picked them up "new" from a music store in 1976, but they don't have the big R logo stickers, but the earlier script. Also, the sizes are double 14x24 bass, two mounted toms, and two floor toms. They appear to have the grey painted interiors with re-rings. The color is black. Any clue as to the set name or age?

They seem to be in pretty good shape, but I can't find any similar sets on eBay, past or present auctions.

Was there a Louis Bellson set? How can you tell if they are Fullerton, Cleveland, or Dayton models?

Asking price is just $400obo, new heads, double tom stand only, one bass is missing the heads and hoops, and no snare included.

Too bad they are several hours from me...

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 15 years ago

First, if the floor toms are 14"-16", then drive tonight and give the guy $400. If the floor toms are 16"-18", then drive tomorrow. That is definately worth the money.

If that is a script badge 14" floor tom, it is worth more than the $400 by itself.

Looks like a transition set between script and Big R. Tom mounts are Big R. Bass drum and toms have script legs/spurs. Fullerton shells, since Rogers moved there about 1968 or so. Went from 9/72 tag, to Rogers tag to No tags in progression I believe. Later shells had no tags.

Looks like a keeper either way.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here