Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Need ID help on older ludwig snare #2

hello all, sorry for the first post... I screwed up right off the bat.

Here is what I started to post...

I found this site and looks to be a good place to learn. I have a older Ludwig snare drum that is in need of repair/new parts. I first want to id this drum and would like to restore it to original. I have looked through the identification part of this site, but am having a bit of trouble pinpointing. so any help would be appreciated. first off, the inside shell is stamped, SEP 28 1959, the rims are only six lugs/lugged. And the snare throw has only the initials WFL in the badge shape. Can any one direct me to information on this type drum?

thanks for any help, GRW

Posted on 15 years ago

hello all, sorry for the first post... I screwed up right off the bat. Here is what I started to post... I found this site and looks to be a good place to learn. I have a older Ludwig snare drum that is in need of repair/new parts. I first want to id this drum and would like to restore it to original. I have looked through the identification part of this site, but am having a bit of trouble pinpointing. so any help would be appreciated. first off, the inside shell is stamped, SEP 28 1959, the rims are only six lugs/lugged. And the snare throw has only the initials WFL in the badge shape. Can any one direct me to information on this type drum? thanks for any help, GRW

Hellooo, we're not clairvoyants here...you need to put up photos...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Welcome !

Plenty of advice and replacement parts available, GRW. When you get a chance, upload some pics and we can likely identify and direct you....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

For what it's worth...sounds like a neato snare! I love those older Ludwig snares. I've only owned a dozen or so of them over the years, but the one's I have held have been so cool. Nice nice nice. And Welcome again!

Can't wait to see the pics.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here