Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Need help with a 70's Ludwig marching snare.

I have a 70's Ludwig marching snare I am fixing up. It is not an actual restoration to original, just a project to play with. My problem is the hoops and what size they are and the number of holes. How do I measure the hoop, the same way you would a shell? I get 15 1/4 inside the hoop, 15 3/4 outside the hoop, and 16 hole flange to hole flange. Also the hoops are 12 hole hoops and I can't find those anywhere. Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks Warhoop

Posted on 16 years ago

Maybe if this guy doesn't sell the lot you can talk him out of just that snare... looks kind'a like it match your description.. of course then you got a complete snare.. instead of parts to fix your old one.

Item number: 300198363849

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marching-drums-Yamaha-Pearl-Ludwig_W0QQitemZ300198363849QQihZ020QQcategoryZ38096QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

While they may be a bit pricey another option would be new Ludwig Rims.....

Triple Flanged, Batter Hoops, 15" - 12 Rod:

P-3284-1R (1.9mm)

P-3284-2R (2.3mm)

Dropgate, Triple Flanged Snare Hoops, 15" - 12 Rod:

P-3290-1R (1.9mm)

P-3290-2R (2.3mm)

They don't list a "regular" snare side hoop with 12 holes, only the Dropgate type............

LVDC

All Catalog images shown in my posts were generated by me (scanning) and are from my personal files........
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for the link and advice. I have sent the seller a message about the snare. Since this is a "learning" projecst the the new hoop route might be to pricey. But its good for future reference. And I am glad to see people offering honest, sincere help.

Thanks again

Warhoop:)

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here