Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Need help shipping a kit from MA

Posted on 6 years ago

I live in a college town and I have a friend that has a bunch of rental units. He's always complaining about how hard it is to evict bad tenants. I've told him he just needs to let me use the apartment below them or next to them as my practice room and they would be out within a few nights. But, I think just sending a pic of that kit to them would do the trick!

Stop stringing and tuning your instrument, make music now.
-fortune cookie

Vintage Drums:
1970ish Ludwig Standard Avocado Strata downbeat
1970ish Star Acrylic 22,12,13,16
1950’s Gretsch tympani 26.5
19?? Sonor roto-tympani 13x12
70’s Ludwig Standard alum 14x5 snare
90’s Arbiter Adv. Tuning 12x5 snare
90’s Ludwig blackrolite 14x5 snare

Modern Drums:
Erie Drums 1-ply sycamore shell kit 18,10,13
Erie 1-ply maple 14x5 snare
Tama S.L.P. Acrylic 14x6.5 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

A little on the expensive side, but, a cool set nevertheless...

Here`s a copy of the listing for the archives:

Hello Everyone!!! Thanks for checking out my Drum set for sale, whether you are just passing by or interested in it.

First and foremost, I have to bring to your attention that I am not looking to part it out, but to sell the entire set.

Little story behind it: I had a band in the late 90's. I got together with my old friends and proposed a reunion; they all agreed and were very excited. I started to buy the instruments (to include this drum set), but do you know what happened? Exactly!!! they found other priorities, got married and I now have this drum set that I am not going to use. It is taking lots of space in my house and since I am not going to play it, I decided to let it go.

My loss is your gain, I am posting it trying to get some of my money back. I am a very laid back person so you can feel free to make me an offer; the worse that I can say is "no, it's worth a little more :)"

This Drum set is a 21 pieces made in Japan Tama Imperialstar with 16 zildjian cymbals. This is a professional drum set.

As you can see in the pictures, it is a well maintained set. Just keep in mind, it is over 20 years old and it does show sign of usage (scratches, nicks) Lots of the chrome are newer. Few stands still have the store tag.

The bass drums are 24"

I have all sizes of toms; from 4" to 18"

The cymbals are too much to list, I also have all kinds of them :).

Most of the skins are brand new never played, just here you are taking close to $500.00 in skins alone. You are getting at least $5000,00 on cymbals alone, plus the stands that are close to new condition. I do apologize in advance; I can't let anyone to play on it due to it being all cleaned up and the skins being replaced, I hope you understand. Thank you.

The last 2 pictures are extra stuff that you will be taking as free items. The double bass pedals is Pacific brand.

This is a monster set and it will require at least 2 people to move, you will also need a medium size transport van. I can help you to load it.

My name is Ryan, you can reach me at seven 8 one, 2 four nine, 92 eight zero

Absolutely NO SOLICITORS!!!

ATTN: due to the size of this drum set, it is impossible to ship it. BUYER'S PICK UP ONLY.

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

It probably is on the high side, but that's a lot of cymbals and drums and I can't even begin to add up the value/cost. Either way, he might have to part it out eventually.

I like his style though- full tilt. I can't imagine setting up and breaking down that kit. I use a 4 piece + snare and that seems like a lot to me after playing a 3 to 4 hour show.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Mr.Toast

I live in a college town and I have a friend that has a bunch of rental units. He's always complaining about how hard it is to evict bad tenants. I've told him he just needs to let me use the apartment below them or next to them as my practice room and they would be out within a few nights. But, I think just sending a pic of that kit to them would do the trick!

Might backfire. That would make me want to stay and not move.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here