Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

need help identifying year of ludwig drums

Hi,

This is my first post, and I need some help...My friend got a Ludwig drum set from an old estate and we are trying to determine the age...I have listed these drums on ebay and per my husband he believes they are from the 70's, someone else is say they are from the early 90's..but would like to add the correct year or pretty close to it so I can be as accurate as possible... the number that I find on most of the drums begins with 311 on the floor tom the number is 3117826 can anyone help with dating this drum set?? Thanks

P.S. The color is a silver sparkle. Am I allowed to post a picture? or a link to a live video of my husband playing the drums? Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes pictures are actually very helpful. The more the better.

Video is fine too.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

Here is the video..I will post the pics when I resize them..thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqg0QuNyVvE

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

Here are some pics...all the drums have gold badges...the one snare has a black and white badge..

Posted on 17 years ago

those would have to be from the 80 up. click on the link and scroll to the bottom to see the badge in the picture. is the snare badge right above the one on the bottom? that would be from the late 80s, early 90s.

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/ludwig_badges.html

yours is the one all the way on the bottom

hope i helped!

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

I did manage to find that site last night, does it matter that the badge on the we have say Chicago and the one on the vintage list says Monroe N.C. ?? thanks for all your help..much appreciated.

Debbie

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here