Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Need help identifying an old 28" bass drum!

Hi! I just got this 28”x 14" bass drum, it’s a ”Frankenstein” one, extra holes drilled, new wrap over the old one, it’s been painted and it’s been carved in, played on by a Swedish ”Hawaii-music” orchestra that existed between 1928 to sometime in the 60s. In the late 60s it was in some hippie band and then later punk/new wave-band before ending up in a basement. So, it sure has mojo! ��

It has three different kind of lugs and one of them is the original. See first picture. Also, the original claws are "single"/thin ones. See third picture. Does anyone know what brand this drum is…? I'm guessing Leedy or maybe Slingerland but it could be pretty much anything. Would be fun to find out!

Thanks!/Robert

3 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

What's the inside of the shell look like; rings etc.. anything

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 2 years ago

Two different lug types at least I see.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

What's the inside of the shell look like; rings etc.. anything

Out on tour now. I can take more pictures of the inside and post after the weekend!

Cheers/Robert

Posted on 2 years ago

From larryz

Two different lug types at least I see.

Yeah, it has classic Ludwig lugs and some other ones (Tama?) but the original one is the one on the close-up picture. So that’s what I wanna find out!

Cheers/Robert

Posted on 2 years ago

From Rockanimal

Yeah, it has classic Ludwig lugs and some other ones (Tama?) but the original one is the one on the close-up picture.

Sorry, don't know what brand that lug is, but it is not Slingerland.

Posted on 2 years ago

That thing looks like it needs a hug and a nap.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here