Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Need Help! How to Work A Club Date Floor Tom Bracket

Hello,

My first club date floor tom. The leg brackets are the old school style with a spring. There is no screw to tighten, just the bracket, spring, and and a small piece with a hole in it that has one rounded end and the other end is "L" shaped.

I got the drum with the brackets taken apart. When I assemble them they don't hold the weight of the drum. I'm obviously missing something..."if it was a snake..."

Could someone point me to a diagram or walk me through the process of making these brackets work?

Thanks in advance

Bowing

Posted on 14 years ago

Bueller...Bueller....

Bump Bump Bump

Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, I did the same thing once. I sold the drum with those brackets a long time ago, though. I don't have one to reference at the moment. Can you post some pics of the bracket parts? It might jog my memory.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I don't have one here either, but when assembled properly, the L-shaped end will be on the lower side of the bracket and facing away from the drum. When you squeeze the L-shaped protrusion it will compress the spring, which releases the leg and allows it to be raised and lowered. Release it and it will catch the leg and hold it in place.

Norm

1964 Slingerland Stage Band in Black Diamond Pearl
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Here's a pic of how it's supposed to look, assembled...although I still dunno exactly how you get the leg in there, 'cuz the eyehole still doesn't align with the bracket holes naturally.

But this is how I took 'em OFF of the drum when I disassembled it....[/COLOR]

1 attachments
www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Here are some pics. I have it set up as I thought it should be but I have the round piece on the bottom (resonant) left and Jayes looks like top right.

I know the holes will line up when you press down on the round piece and spring. Set up as I have it, it doesn't take much pressure to move the legs.

How well do these brackets work? When assembled correctly will these hold the legs in place fairly well?

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Alright! Got 'em to work. I had it on the bottom instead of the top. They seem to hold pretty well too.

Thanks to all who responded!!

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]OK, I just figured it out too...the trick being that the short leg of the thumbpiece's 'L' does not tuck around the top part of the bracket; it stays beneath the top of the bracket so the thumbpiece plate isn't actually parallel to the bracket.

HA...imagine that ! Coffee Break2[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice,

I'm not sure I'll ever remove the legs again though. Kind of a hassel.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here